CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- four-half cup all – purpose flour
- two teaspoon baking soda
- two cups butter, softened
- one – half cup brown sugar, packed.
- half cup white sugar
- two package (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- four eggs
- two teaspoon vanilla extract
- four cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- two cups walnuts, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Bend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls on to ungreased cookies sheets. Bake for ten to twelve minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
ONE – BOWL CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
- three large eggs, room temperature
- one cup sugar
- two cups sour cream
- three cups self – rising flour
- two cups (12 ounces)semi – sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to (350 degrees.) Beat eggs, sugar and sour cream until well blended. Gradually stir in flour. Fold in chocolate chips. Transfer to a greased 9×5 – inch loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, sixty-five to seventy-five minutes. cool in pan five minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. NOTE: As a substitute for three cups of self – rising flour, place four – half teaspoons baking power and one – half teaspoons salt in a one cup measuring cup. Add all – purpose flour to measure one cup; combine with an additional two cups all – purpose flour. Not sure which brand of chocolate chips to buy? Check out the brands that Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.